Friday 18 July 2008

Such beauty!

Mo'ning

I have just had this link sent to me by an old work colleague. I'm not normally into the whole "space" thing but these pictures are just beautiful. Ooo its made me feel all gooey inside!

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Blue%20Bueaty/index.htm

Check it out if you have a spare 5 minutes. However the owner of the website really needs to learn how to spell beauty!

My new nappies should be here today, grrrr why arent they here yet? Is this what my life has become? Waiting for nappies? And actually feeling sick with the excitement? Once I was a career woman, now I'm a nappy watcher. And you know what? I wouldnt want it any other way!

I have also just paid for a new ellaroo sling, woop woop so that should be arriving imminently!

I lead such an exciting life!

On another note, why is it the people who critise you most about your parenting choices are parents themselves? I have to fess up though, I used to always be of the mindset that militant breastfeeders were just bullies. And for this I now apologise. Alex is my first breastfed baby and I now see the shite that breastfeeders have to put up with. Since his birth I have not really had an issue with feeding out and about, aside from a couple of teething problems in the early days. Nobody has batted an eyelid at me, including my own prudish father! However at a playgroup the other day Alex needed feeding, and I went to the corner, grabbed a chair and away we went! I have NEVER in my life felt so belittled. There were gasps, dirty looks and downright glares at me. Why? I didnt sit in the middle of a crowd and just whip 'em out. I actually walked away and found a quiet corner. These are all mothers, why was it such a shock to see me feeding? I know that feeding rates are crap round here but there is just no excuse to make me feel like that. Next time, perhaps I will whip 'em out and give them an eyeful!

So this an official apology to all those breastfeeders out there that I called smug in the past. You are not smug and have every right to feel immensely proud of yourselves. I know I do!

Although I have to admit my reasons for breastfeeding this time are purely selfish. I'm lazy and its easy. To me all the health benefits etc are great, but its the pure simplicity of it that I love. Oh and the fact I can eat all the chocolate in the world AND lose weight! Fabulous, bring on the breasts I say!

OK OK WHERE ARE MY DAMN NAPPIES?

3 comments:

Foofur said...

Oh I absolutely agree hun. And unfortunately its those "bullies" that will always bring the cause down. They will always be about and they just wont listen to thefact that they do more harm than good. However I have to admit that I used to discount some BFers just for being passionate just because of my own hang ups. Its like when my mother used to tell me that school days would be the best days of my life and I never believed her, until I left school of course.

It wasnt easy in the beginning, but its like second nature to me now, and I'm petrified that something will happen to make me give up! I bet thats something you never thought you'd hear me say! ((hugs back))

Sarawarawoo said...

I think that BFing mothers deserve all the support in the world, and total kudos to you for going for it and being successful. That being said, I hate about 90% of the boobnazi's online. They bully and belittle and accuse mothers of poisoning their babies because they formula feed. Totally sickens me! Yay for level headed mums who just want healthy, happy and well nourished babies!

Wow, what a rant from the non-parent haha.

Foofur said...

Ah, you see Sara, its a slippery slope you have just stepped on. Next step, broodiness ;o)